.:( Orion's Belt ):. .:( Orion's Belt ):.

Lovin' it!

This was awesome.
It had a great theme, smart use of repetition to restate said theme, some great modulation, and the balance was amazing.

Keep it up!

=({ End of times REMIX })= =({ End of times REMIX })=

Sweet...

I love Chrono Trigger too, but I think that there are better songs that could have been remixed. It was still awesome and the remix only enhanced the original tune, which is what it should do. Keep it up!

-Orr-Stormy Seas -Orr-Stormy Seas

epic

5/4 is an awesome time signature. It gives everything a sense of unrest and this is a perfect example. However, when I was listening, I found that it seems to lend itself better to 10/8 (complex time) in a pattern of: 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2 1-2

Just something I thought I'd put out there.

DavidOrr responds:

It's definitely in 10/8 time signature, unfortunately I can't edit the description. When I was writing it I set the original time signature to 5/4 (before I had even written anything) and in my haste forgot to change it back.

Thanks for the catch, glad you enjoyed the piece!

Oldstyle Oldstyle

A slight throwback to older times.

It's a great melody. It almost takes you back to when classical music was, well, pop music. What did take me out of the experience was the synths, though (sorry). If your thinking of re-arranging the piece, then by all means, do and use classical instruments:
traverse flute (C flute)
chalameaux (or clarinet works too)
harpsichord
strings
etc. (I think I've made my point clear.)

If you can, please make some more works in this style. It's something others should take note of.

Romwell responds:

Thank you fro the great review and recommendations. I wlil definitely try your advice, it's very clear. I have one mor peiece in that style in the works, and I'll avoid using synths on it =)